Follow my blog with Bloglovin
GREEN PEA ASPARAGUS SOUP | Dairy and gluten-free, it is perfect for vegans
Seeing today is Green Monday (in Hong Kong), I have dedicated this post for…yep, you guessed it – a green dish.
Introducing my asparagus green pea soup — tadaa!. A harmonious concoction of leeks, shallots, thyme, asparagus and green peas, this dairy-free soup is perfect for the warm weather and what’s more, it is gluten-free and perfect for the discerning vegans.
Oh, and if you have a high-quality extra virgin olive oil sitting around at home idly, this is the perfect opportunity to drizzle some on top before serving. It’ll make it that extra bit more luscious and fancy 🙂
Green Pea Asparagus Soup
PREP TIME: 10 min | COOK TIME: 20 min |TOTAL TIME: 30 min | YIELDS: 3-4 servings
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup leek, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh green peas (thawed if using frozen)
- 3 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots. Cook until soft and translucent, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the cup of peas, asparagus, thyme and vegetable broth. Crack some black pepper and pinch of salt (if so desired). Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for an extra 10 minutes until vegetables are very tender.
- Transfer content into a high speed blender and puree on high speed until smooth.
- Pour soup into soup bowls and to serve, garnish with thyme and asparagus ribbons.