- Mixture of mushrooms of all sorts (oyster, chanterelle, shitake, swiss brown, portobello)
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 red onion, sliced
- black pepper
- knob of butter
- olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup whisky
- shaved parmesan cheese (if desired)
1) Wash mixture of mushrooms, wipe dry and slice.
2) On low heat, brown onions and bacon with a knob of butter and add some olive oil and the assortment of mushrooms. Slowly cook and add the whiskey, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Continue to stir until a mushroom sauce is produced (about 40 minutes).
3) In the meantime, cook pasta till al dente according to instructions. Add cooked pasta to the mushroom sauce and stir together.
4) Serve with shaved parmesan if desired.