Hello all! I’m finally back from my long trip in USA and Tokyo. Been away for more than 6 weeks with a few weeks in San Francisco, one week in New York and 10 days in Tokyo. Managed to pull of a few successful pop-up dinners in San Francisco and New York, meeting an amazing bunch of wonderful people who have shared with me new insights and given me more ideas for my blog and supper club.
Now that I’m back in Hong Kong from Tokyo (yes, I had a lot of amazing food), I am super excited to start getting to ‘work’ in my kitchen again. First thing I made today are air-fried lemongrass chicken wings which only take 15 minutes in the air-fryer. This is truly a delicious dish you can dish up in a whim.
The salt was something I purchased the end of last year in Phu Quoc, Vietnam (birthday trip with my girl friend) but you can simply recreate this with a blend of lemongrass, salt and chilli flakes (simply mash in a mortar and pestle with a dash of canola oil).
As a ‘bonus’, I was also excited to test out my knew Japanese paring knife I purchased in Kappabashi street (a street lined with endless cookware and knife shops – yes, it was a dream!).
After 15 minutes in my Phillips air-fryer, the end result are lemongrass flavoured chicken wings, crisp to perfection without any oily residue. Simply marvellous.
Lemongrass Air-fried Chicken Wings
PREP TIME: 10 min | ACTIVE TIME: 15 min | TOTAL TIME: 25 min | YIELDS: 1-2 servings (if a main/side)
- 8 chicken wings
- lemongrass salt (or make own marinade)
- coriander and/or lime (for garnish)
- black pepper, to taste
- Marinade chicken wings with lemongrass salt in a bowl. Let it sit for 10 mins if short on time (ideally you want it to marinade for a few hours).
- Set air-fryer at 180C and timer to 15 minutes. Pop the chicken wings into the basket and start the air-fryer.
- Once done, remove basket and plate the chicken wings. Garnish with chopped coriander and/or lime.