FIGS WITH CHOCOLATE TAHINI | A slice of heaven delivered as a healthy elixir
Turkish figs are lux but what can be even more lux is when it you incorporate it into a breakfast smoothie made with almond milk, frozen banana and a dollop of chocolate tahini.
Turkey is renowned as the world’s largest producer of figs. Figs are rich in Vitamins A, B1 and B2, manganese and potassium, magnesium, copper, iron, and phosphorus.
To get a quick creamy effect for smoothies, use frozen banana chunks like ice cubes every time.
I made my own unadulterated almond milk here by blending a cup of almonds (soaked overnight) with water and then straining it through a cheesecloth. Almonds contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. The health benefits of almonds include lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels. They can also reduce hunger and promote weight loss.
Fig and Banana Smoothie with Chocolate Tahini
PREP TIME: 10 min | ACTIVE TIME: 5 min | TOTAL TIME: 15 min | YIELDS: 1 serving
- 1 cup of icy cold almond milk
- 1 small frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 1-2 turkish figs
- 1 teaspoon of chocolate tahini
- Make the almond milk by blending almonds (soaked overnight or for at least 2 hours) with water. Strain through a cheesecloth.
- Cut figs into quarters and throw into the blender along with the almond milk, frozen banana and chocolate tahini. Turn blender on high till all ingredients are mixed.
- Serve ice cold in a cup. Garnish with a sliced fig on the side (optional).