Sometimes I crave fish and chips but am ever so cognisant of my expanding waistline. Seeing home cooked food should be healthy I decided to give my Phillips air fryer a shot and make my own version of battered fried fish without the oil and chips. I used frozen New Zealand Hoki Fish Fillets. After coating it with bread crumbs and air frying it for ~7 minutes, it actually turned out rather tasty!
- Hoki fish fillet (if frozen can thaw overnight in fridge or put in air tight plastic bag and soak in room temperature water for 20 minutes)
- Bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Preheat air fryer 3 minutes at 190 degrees celsius.
2) Pour bread crumbs onto a plate and rub white pepper and salt over the fish fillet.
2) Mix a teaspoon of olive oil to the bread crumbs. Coat fish generously with the crumbs on both sides.
3) Place fish inside air fryer and set timer for 7 minutes. Halfway whilst cooking, flip fish over with tongs. Serve with lemon juice and/or ketchup.